Monday, March 31, 2014

Don't Give a Release Date Until You're Really Sure...

I was warned early on to never give a release date for a new release until the book and the cover and everything else was finished or very close. Well, I didn't listen. ; >) I set a "Spring" release date for The Forest, the third book in the Scinegue Series, even though I was positive it would be released well in advance of that. I thought a late winter release would be exciting for anyone who didn't expect to see it until Spring. With one delay after another I will be lucky to release this late Spring, and odds are good it won't be ready until summer!

I would, of course, prefer to release the book edited and ready to go ;>) so late Spring early Summer is going to be as good as it gets. When I finished writing it I just would have never dreamed it would take so long to get it ready to go. So, lesson learned, when I read good advice from people who have 'been there' and 'done that' I really should listen to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment