Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pinterest

I love Pinterest!! It took me forever to go check it out because I really didn't understand the concept. And perhaps I still don't completely but I'm having fun with it now. I can search for anything I'm interested in and pull up pages of 'pins' related to my search.( http://www.pinterest.com )

I recently heard about another author who uses pins to give an idea of what she envisions for her books as she writes. I thought that sounded really fun so started a board for Scinegue, http://www.pinterest.com/scinegue/scinegue/ . Obviously none of the pins are an exact match for the characters or things or places in the book but it's fun searching through pins and adding those that are similar to what I envision for Scinegue.

Here is a link to all of my pins. Check it out and feel free to add pins of your own if you find something fitting!

***I wanted to edit this. Now that I've been on Pinterest for a couple of months I'm starting to notice some of the really cool pins (usually a recipe) simply link to an ad or a dead page. I've learned to always check out the actual link before pinning, or especially before recommending a pin. I posted one pin for a recipe to Twitter before checking the link and when I clicked on it, it went to an advertisement for a diet aid. ;>(

So, all that to say, "Check the link before you recommend a pin to someone else."

No comments:

Post a Comment